Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blogging final!

1. Describe the importance of blogging to modern day journalism.

Blogging has been a part of the evolution of journalism, blending factual reporting with eyewitness citizen journalists and personal editorials. For us as journalists, blogging gives the opportunity to connect with our audiences in a heretofore impossible way - and even to interact with our readers. With that immense potential, of course, also comes the responsibility to preserve the lines between objectivity and subjectivity. But regardless of the dangers of media like blogs, journalists simply can't afford not to utilize them. Why? Because blogs look like a stepping stone to the news outlets of the future, and if we can't keep up, journalism truly will begin to die.

2. If you are going to continue to blog, why? or why not?

Yes! First, I'll keep blogging because it's fun. Second, now that I have some experience, I can use it to create a blog someone will actually read (haha). Do I think blogs have jumped the shark? Yes, maybe a little bit; I don't know how much longer I actually will maintain a blog. Nonetheless, they still are a key medium and proficiency with blogging will help in my career and in mastering future technological developments.

3. If you were going to keep blogging, how will you change your blog in the future?

In the future, if I want to have a successful blog, I'll definitely have to blog more and to blog about more things. I'll also need to promote my blog more on social networks and work to have more of an online presence in general. I also would have to actually comment on other people's blogs and begin to follow a greater number of people to establish myself as a genuine entity. In short, I'll need to spend more time on it - which will be a lot easier now that I'm graduating.

It's been a great class! Thanks, Dr. Clark and all the people. Good times. Have a great summer and stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment