Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Is it May yet?

Some mornings, when I'm half awake, listening to Mumford & Sons over and over for two hours without realizing it because I'm zoned out trying to study for that linguistics quiz while driving from Anadarko to Edmond, I wonder why I'm doing this. In case you didn't catch the implication, that happened today, Tuesday, which I like to affectionately refer to as "gross."

I think I feel like this because after nearly two semesters, it seems like senior year will never end and this weird nomadic existence will be my life until the end of time - which is a lot longer than I want to spend at UCO or in Edmond, a place I love to hate.

Then, of course, I remember all the people at Oakridge whom I love dearly, and the work I'm blessed with the opportunity to do for Jesus, and the girls from our youth group who have given me the chance to invest in their lives and also to experience public high school vicariously through them. Ha.

And if I didn't have anything else to be thankful for, at least I didn't have a root canal yesterday, like Michelle behind me. Sad day, Michelle. Sad day.

1 comment:

  1. Wait, you study while driving? That can't be safe...
    I'll miss you when you graduate and I don't get to see you anymore :-(

    Love how you included Michelle in this ;-)

    ReplyDelete